With healthcare technology becoming more and more popular, many physicians are looking for ways to utilize it in ways that will help them connect with patients and also make the patients’ experience more pleasant and seamless.
Smart devices, like the iPad, allow easier sharing of information between doctors and patients, optimization of care, and streamlined workflows.
Below are some easy ways to improve patient care and engagement:
- Reception area- patients can become very stressed waiting to be seen by their doctor, especially if the check-in process is disorganized. Having patients use iPads equipped with apps for checking in, filling out paperwork, and even loaded with medical-related articles for entertainment as they wait will make their experience a pleasant one.
- Treatment/consultation room- providing patients with images of their x-rays or scans and interactive demos will help them get a better understanding of their condition and treatment.
- Practice administration- presenting practice updates and patient information to your team in an interactive way allows them to be more involved. Using a cloud system allows them to access documents, make notes, share their opinions, progress, etc.
- Appointment management- providing patients with apps that allow them to make, confirm, cancel, and check on appointments makes their time commitment quicker and therefore more convenient.
- Access on the go- mobile apps allow physicians to view appointment and patient information remotely from virtually any location, which optimizes patient care.
For more information on how to optimize patient care with healthcare technology from Meditab, visit http://www.meditab.com/ehr-solutions/mobile-ehr/.