The latest estimates from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid services show that 85% of Meaningful Use early adopters attested successfully for the third consecutive year.
Last year, 224,000 total eligible professionals attested. Below is a breakdown of that number:
- 63,000 first-year attesters
- 114,000 second-year attesters
- 47,000 third-year attesters
However the majority of eligible providers have attested to stage 1 only, with a limited number moving on to stage 2 adoption. Providers are not worried because while stage 2 is off to a slow start, they are optimistic that it will pick up.
Some other statistics show:
- 94% of eligible hospitals have registered for Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive programs
- 90% of hospitals have been paid through the program
- 56% of professionals are registered for Medicare
- 28% of professionals are registered for Medicaid
- 15% of professionals have not registered for either
In February, 9,387 providers registered for the EHR incentive program, for a total of 458,137 eligible providers who are registered.
That number broken down is:
- 302,244 Medicare eligible professionals
- 151,182 Medicaid eligible professionals
- 4,711 eligible hospitals
For more information on these results see the article published by Heath Data Management here- http://www.healthdatamanagement.com/news/Medicare-Meaningful-Use-Early-Adopters-Attested-47834-1.html